Perth Muslim Matrimonial
Perth Muslim Matrimonial was established to serve the growing need by Muslim singles and their families to meet others in the similar search potential for spouses. As marriage and the family unit safeguards the society from ills and harm, the Islamic Centre Of Western Australia saw the importance to actively work towards making this service an accessible online platform for the Perth community. InshaAllah this makes easier the way towards good within today’s c
hallenging world. Visit www.icentrewa.com.au/matrimonial
Further enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Islamic Marriage Ceremony
Aussiemuslims.net congratulates you on your upcoming marriage. May Allah bless you and your family. Please find some guidance and information on the legalities of marriage in Australia. A marriage request form and information on each celebrant can be found at the bottom of this page.
Legal Requirements for Civil Marriages
- The law requires that you sign and lodge with me the Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) form before you are legally able to marry. This must be submitted to me a minimum of one calendar month before the wedding. The form is valid for 18 months.
- The legal age of civil marriage in Australia is 18. There is an exception where one party who is between 16 and 18 years of age wishes to marry a person over 18. In this instance, the underage person must have the permission of a Judge or Magistrate as well as parental consent.
- If born in Australia you must provide proof of age and identity in the form of a birth certificate. If born outside Australia you can provide an overseas passport or birth certificate from your country of birth, translated into English by a qualified translator. If the person who is born overseas cannot produce either a birth certificate or an overseas passport the Celebrant will be able to fill in a Statutory Declaration with details of their full name, date of birth, place of birth, parents’ names together with an explanation as to why the birth certificate is not available. (Please note that an Australian passport is not acceptable for the civil marriage ceremony).
- If either of you have been married before, you must produce evidence on how the previous marriage was dissolved, that is a Divorce Certificate or a Death Certificate if your previous spouse is deceased.
- You must have two witnesses over the age of 18 on your wedding day.
Requirements for Islamic Marriages
- You must provide proof of identification.
- If applicable the bride needs permission from her Wali (the representative of the bride who would normally be her father, uncle, brother etc.)
- Allocation of Mahr (Dowry).
- If either of you have been married before, you must produce evidence on how the previous marriage was dissolved.
- Two witnesses over the age of 18 must be present at the ceremony.